Sea buckthorn oil for sinusitis
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the maxillary sinuses that develops as a result of complications after the flu, runny nose, and some other diseases. The treatment of the disease in acute form is carried out with the obligatory use of antibiotics and a rather painful lavage of the sinuses (cuckoo) or even by surgical intervention (puncture of the sinuses). However, if you notice the disease in time, you can get by with gentle methods of treatment using natural remedies such as sea buckthorn oil.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil
The most high-quality and useful is considered to be cold-pressed oil, which is made from berries and seeds of sea buckthorn. The content of sea buckthorn oil in the seeds reaches 10%.
Did you know? 100 g of sea buckthorn fruits contain 200 mg of ascorbic acid, which is about the same as blackcurrant and more than any other vegetables and fruits, except for sweet red pepper and rose hip. The bark of the tree has 1,000 times more serotonin in its composition than in bananas and chocolate.
The composition of the product is as follows:
- vitamin C;
- vitamins A, groups B, D, E, K;
- amino acids, phospholipids, phytosterols;
- fatty acids (oleic Omega 6, linoleic Omega 9, palmitic, stearic);
- minerals (Mg, Ca, Fe, Si, Mn, Ni, etc.);
- organic acids (oxalic, malic, tartaric, salicylic).
The rich vitamin composition and wonderful healing properties, could not find their application in traditional and alternative medicine. Oil is used to treat many diseases, as well as to improve the general condition of the body.
How to apply oil for sinusitis
Sea buckthorn oil is also used to treat sinusitis. This disease is very insidious, first of all, because many people take its initial phase as a seasonal runny nose. And a protracted disease that has not been properly treated, develops into an acute and later into a chronic form, and then surgical intervention can not be dispensed with.
If you identify the symptoms in time and take measures, you can do without medication and completely gentle methods, for example, using sea buckthorn oil. No matter what treatment method you use, in any case you need to clean your nose and remove all secretions from it. To do this, blow your nose first and then rinse your nose with saline.
Preparing it is quite simple: take a glass of warm boiled water (0.25 L). Pour 1/4 teaspoon of salt into it, preferably sea salt, but regular tableware is also suitable. In addition, you can add 4-5 drops of iodine solution (5%) to the product.
Important! The recommended concentration of saline is 1–1.4%. A higher concentration will greatly dry the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx.
Inhalations using sea buckthorn oil are a very effective way to treat sinusitis. This is explained by the specifics of the method: in this way all the healing elements of the drug penetrate deep into the maxillary sinuses and respiratory tract.To perform the procedure, you can use an inhaler, and if it is not there - it does not matter, there are quite enough improvised means. First of all, you should prepare a steam bath.
Do it this way:
- Pour 1 liter of boiled water into the pan and place it on the stove.It is necessary to heat the water to about +75 ... + 80 ° C, and then remove it from the fire.
- Add 50 ml of sea buckthorn oil to the water and let it cool slightly for 1–1.5 minutes.
- Lean over a pot of water (at first no closer than 30–35 cm), cover your head, shoulders and part of your back with a thick towel or blanket. Your task is to create a bathhouse, an isolated space with minimal air access from outside.
- Inhale deeply for 15–20 minutes. At first, as already mentioned, from a distance of about 30 cm. Then gradually reduce the distance by leaning and bringing your head closer to the pan. Such a measure is necessary in order not to burn the mucous membrane with hot steam.
This medical procedure is effective only if you are not going to leave the walls of the house in the near future. Otherwise, it is better not to carry out inhalation, it will not only be useless, but can also aggravate the patient's condition. Go out into the air no earlier than 3 hours after the procedure, it is even better to perform it at night, before bedtime.
Before the procedure, you should clean your nose with saline, as described above. Immediately after washing, oil can be instilled into each nostril. To do this, tilt your head back and to the side. In that nostril, which will be higher, drip 2-3 drops of oil. That is, the oil should be dripped into the nostril, the opposite side, in which the head is tilted.
Did you know? Sea buckthorn and the root of White cinquefoil are the first means by which they began to treat victims of the Chernobyl accident in 1986.
Sea buckthorn tea
Sinusitis often becomes a consequence of a weakened immune system. The protective functions of the body fall, and the disease affects certain organs, in this case, it enters the maxillary sinuses.
As you know, only a comprehensive treatment of any disease can bring a positive result. And for a full recovery, it is not enough to remove the symptoms of the disease, it is necessary to identify and eliminate its cause. That is, along with the direct treatment of sinusitis, you should take care of the state of the immune system. And then the body itself will be able to withstand external threats.
Sea buckthorn is a fruit that perfectly enhances immunity. To do this, it must be regularly taken orally, twice a day, with a dessert spoon 20 minutes before meals. Some people do not really like the taste of a berry, in which case you can use its oil inside as part of a hot vitamin drink.
To prepare such a tool is not difficult:
- Take 2 tbsp. l chopped rose hips, pour them into a thermos rinsed with hot water. Pour boiling water over the berries and leave to insist overnight.
- In the morning, pour a cup of drink from a thermos, cool to a temperature of +45 ... + 50 ° С, add a slice of lemon, 1 teaspoon of sea buckthorn oil and honey to taste. Such a drink should be drunk in the morning and in the evening half an hour before bedtime.
Tea with sea buckthorn oil, ginger and honey will not only strengthen the immune system, but also give strength and vitality, and have a tonic effect. Moreover, the drink does not have such an effect due to thein or caffeine, but due to the stimulating effect of ginger and a rich vitamin composition.
To prepare a healing potion you will need:
- fruits of sea buckthorn: 3 tbsp. l .;
- sea buckthorn oil: 1/2 tsp;
- ginger (root): 1 cm;
- lemon or lime: to taste;
- honey: to taste.
Direct preparation of medicinal tea is a fairly simple process and does not require much effort:
- Boil 300 ml of bottled or settled filtered water. As soon as the kettle begins to boil (a lot of small bubbles appear), turn it off and let the water cool to +90 ... + 93 ° С.Well pour boiling water over the container for making tea, then rub ginger root in it and put the sea buckthorn.
- Crush the berries with a spoon so that they let the juice go well. Pour ginger and sea buckthorn with slightly cooled water, cover with a lid and a kitchen towel on top for 10-15 minutes. When the drink is infused, add lemon and honey to it. By that time, tea should have cooled to an acceptable temperature, since honey at a temperature above +50 ... + 55 ° C loses its useful qualities.
Instead of fresh sea buckthorn, you can use its fruits, grated with sugar. Such a product retains all its healing properties and can be stored in the refrigerator for a rather long time.
When washing the nose with saline, you can add a few drops of sea buckthorn oil to it. As already mentioned, a salt solution with a concentration above 1.4% dries the mucosa. But even a less saturated liquid can cause a similar sensation. Adding a small amount of oil can soften the product, without reducing its healing properties.
Turundas are called cotton swabs soaked in a drug. This method is effective for bilateral sinusitis.
Important! Despite the fact that sea buckthorn oil is a natural product, before you try to treat sinusitis with it, be sure to consult a doctor. Do not self-medicate, especially such a dangerous disease as sinusitis.
Carry out the procedure in this way:
- Blow your nose well and rinse your nose with saline.
- Take two small pieces of cotton wool and roll up tampons of such size that they normally enter the nostrils and do not fall out, sit tight enough, but not too tight.
- Dip one turunda in oil and inject it into any nostril. Lie on the side on which side you inserted the swab into your nose. Stay in this position for half an hour, and then repeat the procedure for the other side.
- Carry out this therapeutic measure either until full recovery, or until there is a noticeable improvement in condition. The greatest effect is achieved by complex treatment with all these methods at the same time.
Sea buckthorn oil for sinusitis in children
First of all, it should be said that a baby under the age of two should not be given oil. If you want to try how this product acts on a child older than the specified age, consult a doctor before.
If a specialist considers that your baby has no contraindications, you can try sea buckthorn oil to treat your child in the following cases:
- dig in the nose. First, you should use the aspirator to clear the child's nasal passages from all secretions. Then, one drop of oil three times a day is injected into each nostril in turn. The procedure is carried out for acute and chronic diseases, one way or another associated with the paranasal sinuses;
- gargle. With diseases such as tonsillitis, stomatitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, etc .;
- Turundas with sea buckthorn oil used to treat various options for chronic sinusitis;
- as a means for inhalation and aromatherapy for children aged 5 years and above. Inhalations should be done for colds, diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Perform the procedure for 1-1.5 weeks for 15 minutes daily. According to numerous reviews of parents, inhalations regularly performed in this way are very effective for bronchitis.
Means based on sea buckthorn oil are used to restore the general condition of the child, in order to increase his immunity after illness and various operations.
- Despite the fact that sea buckthorn oil is a natural and very useful product, it has a number of contraindications:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- allergy and individual intolerance;
- gastrointestinal tract diseases, including cholecystitis;
- children under the age of 10;
- during the period of taking drugs that thin the blood, preventing its coagulation.
Did you know? Almost 9/10 of all sea-buckthorn on planet Earth is growing in China. In this state, over 35,000 years since 1950, over 2,000 km of crop plantations have been planted to prevent soil erosion, water retention and firewood.
Sea buckthorn oil can be used for the treatment of sinusitis only at the very initial stage of the disease, and then rather, as an adjunct to medications. Do not forget that any form of sinusitis is a dangerous inflammatory disease, localized directly near the brain. And any delay or incorrect treatment can be fatal, so first of all you should consult a doctor.