The effect of sea buckthorn on blood pressure: methods of use, benefit and harm
Sea buckthorn can rightly be attributed to the category of the most valuable and healthy berries. It has a rich chemical composition, which has a beneficial effect on all systems of the human body. How does sea buckthorn affect blood pressure, and in which cases it is strictly forbidden to consume berries - find out from the article.
Sea buckthorn composition
Sea buckthorn as a medicinal plant has been successfully used in folk medicine for many years. Such a popularity of the culture is explained, first of all, by the multifaceted and balanced composition of berries, which is represented by a complex of active biological components and minerals.
Of the vitamins in the composition of the fruits, the most valuable for the human body are:
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B9): take part in cellular metabolism, normalize the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, strengthen health, promote normal metabolism;
- AND: accelerates the growth processes of new cells, plays an important role in the formation of bone and dental tissue, slows down the aging process;
- E: activates regenerative processes in cells, prevents premature aging of the body, takes part in the synthesis of many important hormones;
- WITH: strengthens the immune system, increases the elasticity of blood vessels, activates the protective functions of the body, helps fight viruses and infections;
- R: supports the elasticity and resilience of capillaries, serves to prevent the development of sclerotic lesions, has a beneficial effect on the work of all internal organs;
- TO: reduces the risk of developing osteoporosis, helps to absorb calcium, takes part in metabolic processes, promotes rapid healing of wounds and restoration of cells.
In addition, sea buckthorn contains:
- calcium: takes part in the formation of the skeleton, strengthens bone and muscle tissue, participates in many vital processes in the body;
- iron: provides tissue and all internal organs with oxygen, improves blood condition, takes part in the process of hematopoiesis;
- potassium: positively affects the nervous and cardiovascular systems, strengthens blood vessels and capillaries, regulates water balance and heart rate;
- magnesium: participates in many biological processes, normalizes the functioning of the nervous system, reduces nervous excitability, takes part in blood coagulation processes;
- sulfur: regulates the processes of life, participates in the production of many enzymes, supports bone health, normalizes the digestive system;
- boron: takes part in the metabolism of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, activates brain activity, serves as a prophylaxis of osteoporosis, increases vitality;
- aluminum: participates in the processes of cell regeneration, maintains the strength of skeleton bones, has a beneficial effect on the function of the parathyroid gland.
The composition of the berries is supplemented with unsaturated fatty acids, tannins, organic acids, antioxidants and volatile, which, together with vitamins and mineral components, have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, restorative, tonic, immunostimulating effects.
The effect of sea buckthorn on blood pressure
Juice, decoctions of extracts and various extracts from fruits are successfully used for the treatment and prevention of many ailments. Sea buckthorn products are especially effective on the nervous and cardiovascular systems and help to normalize blood pressure. As you know, the main causes of pressure surges are obstruction of the arteries of the heart and brain.
- Sea buckthorn does not cure the disease itself, but due to its high antioxidant properties it allows:
- improve the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and capillaries;
- make the vessels more flexible, thereby making them less susceptible to negative factors causing pressure surges;
- strengthen the cardiovascular system;
- regulate heart rate;
- repair damaged capillaries.
In addition, stress, psychoemotional and nervous tension have a great negative effect on blood pressure jumps.. Sea buckthorn raw materials contain a number of vitamins, micro and macro elements that have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, help fight the destructive effects of stress. Thus, berries are not able to increase or decrease pressure, but they tend to relieve the causes of arterial jumps, improve the functioning of the heart and nervous system, increase brain activity, and reduce the effects of hypotension or hypertension.
Important! With the regular consumption of decoctions or infusions from the plant, positive changes in the state of health are noted, however, this happens due to the strengthening, thickening and purification of the vessels, improving their nutrition.
Specialists advise hypertensive patients to take sea buckthorn, first of all, in order to strengthen the vessels, clean them of plaques, increase elasticity, and thereby improve blood circulation. The use of sea buckthorn will be beneficial for hypotonic patients because the product will be able to improve the functioning of the nervous system and act as a general strengthening agent for the whole organism.
In addition to the beneficial effect on the heart muscle, the fruits protect the body from premature aging, remove toxins and harmful substances, neutralize the action of free radicals, and normalize the functioning of internal organs, in particular, the kidneys and liver.
Dosage and administration
As noted above, sea buckthorn itself and its agents are not able to increase or decrease blood pressure, but they have a beneficial effect on the state of blood vessels and capillaries, strengthen and restore them, which has a positive effect on the state of the human body with hypertension and hypotension. But in order to maximize the benefits of the product, you need to know in what form to take the berries and in what dosage.
Did you know? Among fruits and vegetables, buckthorn berries are the leader in vitamin E content. At the same time, in fruits the vitamin is in the most active form, which makes the use of the product effective for maintaining youthful skin.
Sea buckthorn juice is considered one of the most effective remedies for high blood pressure.
Its preparation boils down to simple steps:
- Thoroughly wash sea buckthorn raw materials, put them in a colander, and dry.
- Boil 1 liter of water and put in it 1 kg of washed berries.
- Boil the sea buckthorn for 3 minutes, again toss it in a colander.
- Wipe the raw materials through a sieve.
- In the water in which the berries were boiled, add sugar and boil a thick syrup.
- When the syrup has cooled, add the sea-buckthorn puree to it.
- Bring the resulting mixture to a boil, roll into sterilized glass containers.
Juice according to the above recipe is recommended to drink 1 tbsp. l three times a day, before eating. With high blood pressure, the course of treatment should be long, at least one month. Next, take a two-week break, after which you can resume therapy.
To prepare a fresh serving of juice, it is recommended to grind 1 kg of berries in a juicer, filter and drink 50 ml daily in the morning, afternoon and evening. Due to the pronounced diuretic action, the drink is able to quickly reduce pressure.But you should not expect a miracle from him, since a lasting positive effect is possible only after a course of juice.
An alcoholic infusion of leaves and branches of a plant also helps to normalize pressure, by strengthening the walls of blood vessels, improving blood circulation, and cleansing capillaries. It is recommended to drink alcohol tincture for ½ hour after dinner. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
Prepare it this way:
- Rinse leaves and shoots well.
- Take 2 tbsp. raw materials and pour 0.5 liters of water, bring to a boil.
- Add 0.5 l of vodka to the broth, insist in a dark place for 7-10 days.
- Filter the infusion.
Effective at high pressure is a decoction of sea buckthorn bark.
Important! A decoction of leaves and branches of sea buckthorn has the ability to quickly reduce pressure. That is why it can not be used for people with hypotension. With increased pressure, it is better to replace the broth with juice.
To cook it, you should:
- Cut the dried bark with a knife into small pieces.
- In a pan, bring to a boil 1 liter of water, lay 2 tbsp. crushed bark.
- Boil the mixture for 30 minutes. Allow to infuse until completely cooled.
- Ready to filter the broth.
- Sea buckthorn decoction is advised to take ½ cup every day.
Sea buckthorn oil
Another healing remedy for pressure surges is sea buckthorn oil. The product is available for sale in pharmacies, but it can be easily made at home.
- Rinse the berries of sea buckthorn, dry, chop, squeeze the juice.
- Lay the resulting cake in a glass container, pour olive unrefined oil, in a ratio of 3 cups of raw material, 0.5 l of oil.
- Cork the container tightly, place in a dry, dark and cool place for 10 days.
- After the specified time, filter the mass.
Video: Cooking sea buckthorn oil from oilcake
To strengthen blood vessels and normalize the work of the cardiovascular system, you need to drink oil for 1 tbsp. daily, for 14 days. After this, it is recommended to take a break of 30 days and repeat the treatment.
Harvesting for the winter
The natural “blood pressure regulator” can be pre-prepared for the winter.
There are several ways to do this:
- berries are frozen in the freezer;
- make oil from the fruit;
- jam or jam;
- prepare sea buckthorn honey;
- rub the berries with sugar.
One of the most common methods of harvesting fruits for the winter is the preparation of sea buckthorn puree with sugar. You can eat mashed potatoes as an independent delicacy or make tea, drinks, kissel, etc. from it.
The step-by-step recipe is as follows:
- Rinse the berries, dry a little on a towel.
- Grate the fruits through a sieve.
- Add sugar to the mixture, based on 1 kg of berries - 0.8–1 kg of granulated sugar.
- Heat the sea-buckthorn-sugar mass to + 70 ° С, then pack it in glass containers.
- Pasteurize jars in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Capacities rolled up with metal caps.
Sea buckthorn can not only have a positive effect on the body, but in some cases can harm. In general, subject to the rules and dosages of use, sea buckthorn can bring extreme benefits to the body.
- Contraindications to the use of sea buckthorn are:
- individual intolerance;
- genetic tendency to allergic reactions;
- any disease in the acute stage;
- acute digestive tract diseases, in particular, acute cholecystitis;
- children under 3 years old;
- pancreatitis, peptic ulcer;
- acute diarrhea, since the drug has a laxative effect.
In case of pressure problems while taking sea buckthorn products, several important rules must be observed:
- do not use a decoction for hypotension. It is better to replace the drink with juice from berries or jam;
- with hypertension, use the drug for a long time, about one month, then take a break;
- when taking adhere to the indicated dosages, otherwise adverse reactions may occur in the form of nausea, headaches, vomiting, rashes.
Did you know? Sea buckthorn berries are good for a hangover. They remove toxins and intoxication products, improve fat metabolism and are able to quickly restore liver function after alcohol poisoning.
Sea buckthorn is a unique plant with a wide range of useful mineral components and vitamins. It has a beneficial effect on all systems of the human body, helps to prevent and stop the development of many ailments. Due to its high antioxidant properties and balanced chemical composition, the berry makes it possible to strengthen blood vessels, prevent their fragility, thereby normalize blood pressure, and reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by several times.