The use of fir oil for leg fractures
Even in the modern world, people often resort to alternative medicine. Many cases have been confirmed when treatment methods not practiced by doctors with a classical medical education had a significant healing effect. The use of fir oil for fractures of leg bones refers to this method of alternative treatment.
Composition of fir oil and beneficial properties for bones
Fir oil is an extract from the shoots and needles of this representative of the Pine family.
Its unique composition includes such substances:
- bornyl acetate - ester of borneol and acetic acid, belonging to the class of terpenoids. This substance promotes tissue regeneration;
- carotene - strengthens intercellular membranes, interferes with destructive processes in the cell walls. It stimulates the regeneration of the epithelium, has a beneficial effect on the state of the immune system;
- vitamin C - vitamin with strong antioxidant properties;
- tannins - suppress inflammatory processes in tissues, have antibacterial properties;
- vitamin e - an antioxidant that helps normalize metabolic processes in the body, strengthens the walls of capillaries, gives them flexibility;
- camphor - has a warming effect on the joints, enhances blood flow;
- amino acids, volatile and phospholipids;
- fatty and organic acids;
Fir oil noticeably softens the negative effects of fractures, stimulates blood formation processes. The tool helps to normalize metabolism and the speedy formation of bone callus, which significantly accelerates the growth of broken bones.
Important! An ethereal extract of fir is a rather active means, so before using it, you should pass a test for an allergic reaction. To do this, apply 2-3 drops of oil on the elbow bend: if after a few minutes there is a feeling of itching, slight loss of orientation, redness, headache, or something like that, you can not use oil.
It may seem surprising, but a substance such as fir oil can really help with leg fractures. And if the external use of the remedy seems, although somewhat unusual, but understandable, then the benefit in fractures from drinking oil inside is little understood.
But if you understand the mechanism of its effect on the body, everything falls into place. How external and oral use of oil contribute to bone fusion will be described below. In addition, the most popular and effective treatments using the product are described below.
Rubbing and massage
By their external, mechanical effects, grinding and massage are not much different. These are professional methods of mechanical and reflex impact on certain points of organs and tissues to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Important! An ordinary person without special preparation will not be able to do either one or the other.
However, in this case, it is enough to perform the correct massaging movements in order to stretch, warm up the muscles and expand the pores of the skin, for better penetration of the agent to injured bone tissues.
Grinding is performed in this way:
- To perform the procedure, you should take pure fir oil, or its mixture with the base oil (almond, apricot, grapefruit will do). In the event that you will prepare the mixture, do it in the following proportions: 10 drops of fir oil per 2 tbsp. l any of the listed.
- Dip the tips of the three middle fingers (except the thumb and little finger) of both hands into the product, and gently rub it into the tissue around the site of injury.
- Perform the procedure daily, in the evenings, for 2-3 weeks.
Massage is done a little differently. As a therapeutic agent, a composition is mixed, the basis of which is essential oils of eucalyptus, cedar, cypress, other conifers, and the active substance is an extract from fir.
The ratio of the base to the active substance is 10 drops per 25-30 ml of the base. As a basis, you can use cinnamon or geranium oil, but in this case, the concentration of the active substance should be 2 times higher.
In the same way as with simple rubbing (pads and upper phalanges of the three middle fingers), the product is applied to the affected area and the fracture site is treated with classical massage movements. The duration of the procedure is not less than a quarter of an hour. Massage the fracture site once every two days, only 10 sessions.
In addition, for the massage you can use the simplest composition, the main active substance is the ether extract of fir. We are talking about any cosmetic or massage cream with the addition of oil, an approximate ratio: 10 drops of oil per 10 ml of cream.
It may seem that there is no difference between rubbing and massage. In fact, this is not the case: The purpose of rubbing is only the uniform distribution of the product on the surface of the skin, the procedure does not affect muscle tone.
During massage, the main emphasis is on the physical effect on muscle tissue. Warming up, it absorbs the drug better, and due to increased blood circulation at the fracture site, active substances quickly enter the injured area.
Baths with the addition of fir extracts help not only with fractures: they are effective in diseases of the joints, including their age-related changes.
To prepare the bath you will need:
- Dilute 25 drops of extract in 1/2 cup of warm milk.
- Depending on the location of the injury, pour water heated to a temperature of +38 ... + 40 ° С into the bathroom or into the basin. In case of fracture of the femur or lower leg, the procedure should be carried out in the bath; with injuries to the foot, ankle joint, that is, those parts of the leg that can easily be placed in a small container, it is more advisable to use the pelvis. The volume of water should be minimal so that only completely covers the area of the limb where the fracture is localized.
- Pour milk with a thin stream of milk into the bath or basin.
- The duration of the procedure is half an hour. As they cool, hot water is added to the tank. For kidney diseases, such a procedure is not recommended.
To prepare a bath with honey and salt for the speedy healing of leg fractures, you will need:
- water (+38 ... + 40 ° С) - 5 l;
- fir bark - 20 g;
- fir extract - 30 drops;
- honey - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sea salt - 4 tbsp. l
Prepare a bath in this way:
- First of all, you should prepare a decoction of fir bark. If you bought the product in packaged form at a pharmacy, brew it according to the instructions on the package.
- If there is no recipe, just fill the crust with 1 liter of boiling water, cover and place in a water bath. The broth should be in the bath for 20 minutes, then cool it to +75 ... + 80 ° C and strain through cheesecloth.
- Pour 5 l of water of the specified temperature into the basin, add the decoction of the bark and all the other ingredients there, mix.
- Place an injured place in the liquid, keep it there for 30 minutes. Perform the procedure daily.
Did you know? Although fir is a close relative of spruce, they can be distinguished at a glance. In spruce cones hang under the branches with the tips down, and in fir, they stand on branches, directed vertically upward.
An extract from fir can be used as an active component in homemade ointments. On the Internet you can find many recipes for the preparation of such tools, below are three of them.The advantages of these recipes are the simplicity of their preparation and the availability of ingredients.
Ointment number 1
For cooking, you will need such components:
- fir oil - 20 drops;
- extra virgin olive oil - 50 ml;
- turpentine - 2 tbsp. l
Preparing the composition is very simple: for this it is enough to mix all the ingredients carefully. If you did everything right, you should have a composition that resembles a thick jelly texture. This ointment should be applied two to three times a day, for two weeks.
Ointment number 2
This recipe is somewhat more complicated than the previous one, and for its preparation you will need a wider set of components:
- fir oil - 10 ml;
- interior lard - 100 g;
- beeswax - 15 g;
- ammonia - 15 ml.
The process of preparing the product looks like this:
- First of all, prepare a water bath. To do this, put a pot of water on the fire; when it begins to boil, place an enameled iron bowl on the surface of the liquid.
- Put chopped lard in a bowl and add wax, reduce heat to such a level that the water boils with moderate intensity.
- After these components melt, the fire must be made even smaller, and simmer the product in this way for a quarter of an hour.
- After the specified time, in the bowl with the base for the ointment, you need to enter the active component - fir extract. Strain for another 20 minutes.
- Before removing the product from the stove, add ammonia to it and mix.
- The finished product should be slightly cooled and poured into a jar of a suitable size and shape. After complete cooling, the product can be used.
This ointment is used to help with fractures (2-3 times a day for two weeks). In addition, the tool can be used as a warming agent to stimulate blood circulation in joints and muscles.
Important! Taking a certain amount of ointment with your fingers, do not immediately apply it to the skin, let the product warm up a little from the heat of the hands.
Ointment number 3
The ingredients necessary for the preparation of ointment:
- ether extract of fir - 10 drops;
- resin of any coniferous tree - 20 g;
- vegetable oil - 30 ml;
- onion medium-sized - 1 head;
- copper sulfate powder - 1 tbsp. l
Prepare the tool as follows:
- Build a water bath from a pot of water and smaller bowls.
- Peel the onion head and grind it into the pulp using a blender, or using a grater.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl in a water bath and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the finished ointment to a suitable container and apply 3-4 times a day, for two to three weeks.
Regardless of the composition of the ointment, it can be applied to the fracture site simply by rubbing it into the skin, or by compresses (20-30 minutes). The second method will be described in more detail below.
Did you know? Fir balm, consisting of 25–30% oil and 70–75% resin, is used for bonding optical instruments. In this application, the substance owes its unique qualities: a high degree of transparency, an excellent refractive index, and also that it never grows cloudy.
Compress is not a prescription for a drug, but a method of applying it. So for the compress, any composition of those that are used for massage or rubbing, or the ointment described above, is suitable.
They put a compress as follows:
- Take a piece of flannel or flannel fabric, approximately 20 × 20 cm, fold it in half. Dampen the swab with oil, or apply a thin layer of ointment on one side. With the same remedy (ointment or oil), smear the foot at the fracture site.
- Apply a tissue swab to the injured leg area treated with the medication.
- Wrap the cooking film 2–3 turns on top of the swab. If there is no film, use a plastic bag cut to the sides.
- Wrap the area covered with the film with an elastic bandage. It is not necessary to tighten the bandage tightly - if it is new, it will drag itself to the desired pressure.Otherwise, it is enough to tighten so that he only fixes the compress, keeping his leg in a light tone. The duration of the procedure is 20-30 minutes.
An excellent tool for a compress is this composition: in 1 cup of warm water, dissolve 1 tbsp. sea salt, add 10 drops of fir extract. Pour the solution into a wide shallow dish (plate, bowl), and thoroughly soak a piece of cloth in the liquid. All other actions are described above.
There are several ways to consume fir oil inside. You can add 2 drops of the product to tea, or make a drink from rose hips and drop the same amount of extract into it. But the fact is that the product has a rather sharp taste and smell, and not everyone can like it as a means for ingestion.
In this case, proceed as follows:
- Mash the bread flesh in your hands and roll 3 balls out of it, each the size of a cherry.
- Put the ball in the palm of one hand, and flatten the thumb slightly with the thumb of the other and make a small dent in it. You should get a flattened flat cake with a small dent in the center. So repeat with all three balls.
- Drop 1-2 drops of extract into the pit of each cake and leave them on a plate or any other substrate. Take one “pill” three times a day, 20 minutes before meals.
Limitations and contraindications
Fir oil, despite being a natural product, has a number of contraindications.
- Although, in comparison with pharmaceutical and chemical products, these restrictions are minimal:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- neoplasms in the field of peripheral NS;
- intolerance and allergy.
It should be understood that leg fractures are serious injuries, and such serious ailments must be treated accordingly. If you have suffered such a misfortune, you need to immediately contact the nearest emergency room.
Important! Do not apply products containing an etheric extract of fir to those areas of the skin where there are cuts and scratches.
Only a professional trauma surgeon will be able to provide you with qualified assistance, and treatment with any other means and methods can be used only as a concomitant, but not the main one.